Just Write – Online Workshops – Autumn 2020
Series 1 – Tuesdays – Sept 22, Oct 6 and 20, Nov 3 and 17, Dec 1 – FULL
Series 2 – Tuesdays – Sept 29, Oct 13 and 27, Nov 10 and 24, Dec 8 – CANCELLED
These innovative creative writing workshops will be led by Monica Corish, a trained and experienced Amherst Method facilitator (see below for more about the Amherst Method).
- Fortnightly, Tuesdays, 7 – 9:30 PM
- Cost for 6 sessions: €115 / Early bird: €90 by 5 pm on Friday Sept 4
- Email to let me know which dates you prefer: Sept 22 – Dec 1; or Sept 29 – Dec 8 firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I will email you back with instructions on payment, using a PayPal button or a cheque / postal order.
- The workshops will take place via Zoom, so you will need an adequate Wi-Fi connection to participate.
Click on the link to read about Writing Together in the Zoom Room – the pros and the cons. I will host a half-hour tutorial on the use of Zoom on Monday, September 21 at 7 PM, for those who are not familiar with the technology. Please email me in advance to book your place.
********** ********* **********
About my Workshops:
“I have been in writing groups in the past that were not so expertly directed as this one, groups that drifted nowhere in particular, and I soon dropped out of them. I’ll be staying with this writers’ workshop” SL. Read more testimonials here.
Writing Workshops: In the past I have worked with established writing groups, community groups, Returned Development Workers, women’s groups, libraries, active age groups, primary school children and transition year students. Click here to read participants’ testimonials. If you would like me to lead a one-off or a series of workshops with your writing group or your community group, please contact me.
- Amherst Method Workshops: Do you want to write, but don’t know where to start? Have you ever held back from joining a writers’ group because you felt you weren’t a “real” writer? Or perhaps you’ve been writing for years, but now your words feel stale, or you’re low on inspiration? I am trained to lead writing workshops based on the Amherst Writers method, described in “Writing Alone & With Others” by Pat Schneider, published by Oxford University Press. This writing workshop method is guaranteed to build confidence and to evoke original and surprising work, in both novice and more experienced writers.
- Craft and Critique: I offer Craft and Critique workshops for writers working towards publication, where the emphasis is on the development of writing skills through constructive critique, feedback and tailored craft exercises. The focus of these workshops can be non-genre specific, or focused primarily on poetry, fiction or memoir, depending on the interests of participants.