THIS WORKSHOP IS NOW FULL
Just Write – Online Workshops – Spring 2021
7-9:30 pm – Jan 19, Feb 2 & 16, Mar 2 & 16 & 30, Apr 13 & 27, May 11 & 25
A few places left in these Amherst Method online writing workshops, led by trained and experienced Amherst facilitator Monica Corish.
- Fortnightly, Tuesdays, 7 – 9:30 pm
- Cost for 10 sessions: €190
- Early bird – before 2 pm on Wednesday January 13 – €150
- The workshops will take place via Zoom, so you’ll need an adequate Wi-Fi connection – read about Writing Together in the Zoom Room – the pros and the cons.
- Contact email@example.com to book your place and receive a PayPal link – you won’t need a PayPal account to make your payment.
Image credit: RJMiller
********** ********* **********
About my Workshops:
“I have been in writing groups in the past that were not so expertly directed as this one, groups that drifted nowhere in particular, and I soon dropped out of them. I’ll be staying with this writers’ workshop” SL. Read more testimonials here.
Writing Workshops: In the past I have worked with established writing groups, community groups, Returned Development Workers, women’s groups, libraries, active age groups, primary school children and transition year students. Click here to read participants’ testimonials. If you would like me to lead a one-off or a series of workshops with your writing group or your community group, please contact me.
- Amherst Method Workshops: Do you want to write, but don’t know where to start? Have you ever held back from joining a writers’ group because you felt you weren’t a “real” writer? Or perhaps you’ve been writing for years, but now your words feel stale, or you’re low on inspiration? I am trained to lead writing workshops based on the Amherst Writers method, described in “Writing Alone & With Others” by Pat Schneider, published by Oxford University Press. This writing workshop method is guaranteed to build confidence and to evoke original and surprising work, in both novice and more experienced writers.
- Craft and Critique: I offer Craft and Critique workshops for writers working towards publication, where the emphasis is on the development of writing skills through constructive critique, feedback and tailored craft exercises. The focus of these workshops can be non-genre specific, or focused primarily on poetry, fiction or memoir, depending on the interests of participants.